Friends of Ladbrooke School (FOLS)
Who are FOLS?
We are the school's parent and teacher group which exists to support children at Ladbrooke School both educationally and socially by raising funds for the school. Anyone who has a child at Ladbrooke is automatically a member of FOLS, though there is a core of people who form a committee and meet once a term to organise events.
Our officers this year are:
- Chair: Jenny Meredith
- Secretary: Angelie Kara
- Treasurer: Helen Chandler & Leni Kilikita
We also have representatives for each class. This year they are:
- Nursery: Jenny Meredith
- Reception: Nicole Paphitis
- Year 1: Angelie Kara
- Year 2: Kim Frost
- Year 3: Oshadhi Dissanayake
- Year 4: Claire Dierckz
- Year 5: Becky Thomson
- Year 6: Michelle Smith
What do FOLS do?
- Runs social events for children e.g. disco, film shows
- Runs social events for parents e.g. ladies indulgence evenings, quiz nights
- Holds fund raising events for the school e.g. summer fair
What can you get out of being a member of FOLS?
- Get connected - find out first what is happening in school
- Tap into a network - there's no better way to meet other parents and be a part of the school community
- Be a role model - demonstrate your values to your child
- Use your skills and hobbies - not only is it fun but you are also directly benefiting your child's education
How is the money spent?
The money raised is used to purchased additional resources and equipment in the school which will enhance and improve the quality of experiences and opportunities that we can offer the children.
How can you help?
Whether you can spare a few hours a week, a term or a year, every little bit of time is appreciated and has a positive effect on our learning community. Our meetings are informal and everyone is welcome. Details of the dates are in the calendar. If you can't make the meetings, you can keep up with what's happening by joining our FOLS discussion group on Google, or by liking us Facebook.