To keep parents up to date with everything that is going on in school the following is in place
- Each month a Headteacher's update is sent out to all parents.
- At the end of each half term, the children produce a newsletter full of articles explaining what they have been learning.
- At the start of each academic year, each class teacher will hold a meeting to introduce themselves and discuss what will be learnt during the year
- At the start of each term, each child will bring home an information leaflet informing parents of what the children will be learning that term and highlighting key events
- During the term a walkabout is held to allow parents the opportunity to come into the school and look at their children's books
- At the end of the Autumn and Spring term, report sheets are sent home
- Formal parents' evenings are held in the Autumn and Spring Terms
- In the summer term an open evening and formal written annual report are distributed.
To facilitate effective communication, we use ParentMail to send letters and information to parents. If you have provided the school with an e-mail address, you will receive most letters and newsletters via e-mail.
Spare copies of letters can be collected from the school office. Copies of newsletters are placed on the school website and on the notice boards. A leaflet stand is located in the main entrance. This holds information related to the school and the community.
As you enter the school via the main entrance you will find two notice boards. One board holds information about the school and what is happening. The other board advertises events in the local community.