Home learning - Tuesday 31st March
We have been learning the Jolly Phonics songs that accompany the set 1 sounds. Here is a link to a video of the whole alphabet on YouTube (though we have only learned m,a,s,d,t,i,n,p to date!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvAYUvQUrGo
This week we are learning how to compare two groups of objects and noticing when they have the same number in each. For today's challenge, ask I would like you to find as many of your shoes as you can and put them in a pile. Next, find another family member's shoes and add them to the pile.
- Can you sort your shoes into one group and the other person’s shoes into another?
- Who has the most shoes? How do you know?
- Who has the fewest? How did you find out?
- Are there the same number in each? How do you know?
- What helped you to compare the groups of shoes?
- Did you find a way to check how many were in each group?
You can download and print tasks for Tuesday 31st March.